Strategies for Successful Long-Distance Caregiving
Long-distance caregiving has become increasingly common due to the changing lifestyles of both seniors and families. Many caregiving agencies are now equipped to include long-distance loved ones in caregiving. Advances in technology also make it possible for far-away family members to be involved in caregiving.
Smart strategies for long-distance caregiving include:
- Selecting a caregiver agency that uses technology to offer real time interaction and transparency between in-person caregivers and family members
- Using video calling technology to stay connected with seniors on a regular basis
- Hiring companions, transportation, and other services designed specifically for seniors
- Opting for the support of a professional senior care agency
- Setting up automatic bill pay and other regular needs so seniors don’t have to track them
- Making sure access to medical records has been granted to those living far away (Money US News)
At Better Together Home Care we offer unique technology to help you stay connected. Learn more.